Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I had a dream last night that I lost the fight.

I realize that I should be traipsing up the mountain of homework that is glaring at me from my desk, but I don't wanna, so I'm not gonna. Instead, I'm gonna blog about nothing. 

Well, uhhh...so I was just sitting here and "Free" by Mates of State came on my Itunes DJ. This song reminded me of a late night car ride years ago. Doesn't that make me sound old? Years ago. I think being old means that you can say things like "I've been eating there for years" or "I  was around when you chilluns were still biting ankles." Anyway, I digress. I was driving around with a few of my Idaho friends, and one of them mentioned that he had listened to this song when he was stuck at home, and it had saved his life. 

I don't assume to know how said friend feels, and I may have thought he was exaggerating a bit at the time (sorry), but I think I understand what he meant now. I imagine it feels a little like the way I feel right now. I feel like I'm drowning. I think of all that I need to do, and I can't breathe. I listened to the words of the song, and I thought about how good it's gonna feel to be free of the ominous amounts of homework and pressures of school in just 18 short days...well, until graduate school, but still. 18 days. 18 days and I am a college alumnus. Ah ya! 


"Living things need to be free
You are free

Like everything wants to be."


1 comment:

  1. i believe i was in that car? if not, i heard about said friend saying that.
    ANYWAY!
    the point is, you are SO CLOSE! i can't believe you only have eighteen days left! that is insanity!
    and, in the immortal words of leslie knope [from parks and rec], "when your back's against the wall and the odds are stacked against you, you swing your hardest, damn it! you go big or you go home."
    so, lyndee, GO BIG! keep up the awesome work! YOU CAN DO IT!

    and that concludes my pep talk.

    ReplyDelete