Wednesday, January 11, 2012

As of late...

Welcome to Lyndee's last semester at BYU-Idaho and as a undergraduate student.

 It feels nice, right? Well, I don't know if I would say nice. It feels about like the feeling when you're on one of those really tall rides at the theme park. The ones that slowly lift you up and then with out any warning it drops and you careen, seemingly, to your death, only to be halted right above the ground. This is exactly how this semester feels for me. My stomach and heart feel like they are someplace else all the time; dancing and making merry. I can't tell if I am nauseous or excited. Strange,  isn't it?

Something that, honestly, makes me just grin like the nerdy English major that I am, is the fact that I have all English classes this semester. 12 credits of unadulterated English majesty. I go to class excited and leave with my mind blown right off--yup, right off. It's a thing of beauty, trust me. In one class I get to read and write poetry and in another I get to study heroes. Ask me what I'm reading for homework tonight? Go ahead, ask! Ok, I'll tell you.

O no! Don't get jealous. It's ok. I'll let you borrow it when I'm done. Among other news, I have an awesome job.  I'm a Teacher's Assistant for two professors on campus. So, I go to work and there is a whole lot of this.
Only, I would never allow my papers to get this confangled. Nicely stacked papers just make you feel better about life, don't you think?

Lastly, because I know you are now all Hulk-ish and green with envy, I am helping with a poetry slam here on campus. LAST POET STANDING. 

Oooo! It's bedazzling! Anyway, I'll stop bragging. Life is just great and I hope your life is too.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! SO glad it's your last semester! What's next for you though? Writing? Teaching? Traveling the world? I hope you are well, and I love the word confangled! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhh...D) All of the above. I hope to at least. I love confangled too...even if it isn't real.

    ReplyDelete